Preventive Maintenance Services for Your Heating and Air Conditioning System
Just as your car needs regular maintenance like an oil change, checking the air pressure and tread regarding the tires, your heating and cooling system needs preventive maintenance too. Regular preventive maintenance on your air conditioning and heating system will keep energy efficiency high and repair costs low. You and your family will be more comfortable when your system is running in tip-top shape also.
Maintenance Benefits and What You Can Do
There are a few things that homeowners should do on a regular basis to help maintain their system:
- Check the air filter monthly and change as needed
- Make sure the outdoor unit is clear of debris and yard growth
- Check the condensate pipe when the AC is running. If it’s dripping water, there is not a blockage.
Why Maintenance Is So Important
The manufacturer of your HVAC system recognizes the importance of regular maintenance and requires annual maintenance services as a condition of the warranty. Research has shown that the overall health and longevity of your system benefits from regular maintenance including:
- Lessens the chance of emergency repairs
- Reduces operating costs due to better performance and fewer repairs
- Improves energy efficiency
- Lengthens lifespan of system from decreased wear and tear
What Happens During a Maintenance Service Visit?
One of our NATE-certified technicians will visit your home, assess the system and perform the following, depending on the season:
- Clean, adjust and check operation of thermostats.
- Clean and adjust all safety controls.
- Vacuum/clean and adjust burners and controls.
- Clean and adjust pilot assembly.
- Check for gas leaks.
- Check gas valve operation.
- Lubricate all moving parts including pumps and motors.
- Check all wiring and connections.
- Drain expansion tank.
- Check belts and adjust tension.
- Check pressure regulator and fill valves.
- Check that condensate drain/pump are clean and open.
- Check flue pipe and draft.
- Check voltage and amperage to all motors with meter.
- Check air temperature drop across evaporator and condenser.
- Check for adequate refrigerant charge and possible leaks.
- Check pressure switch cut-out settings.
- Check electrical lock-out circuits.
- Check contactors.
- Check air filters. (will replace if spares are available)
- Check total performance & operating efficiency of system.
You will receive a 10% discount on parts and labor if you require any service work for repairs necessary at any time during the term of your maintenance contract ON COVERED EQUIPMENT. CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER COUPON.
No one wants to come home from work on a sweltering summer or a freezing winter day to find that their cooling or heating system has stopped working. Your air conditioning and heating system should have routine, preventive maintenance once in the spring and again in the fall, to keep performance levels high and reduce or eliminate unexpected repairs.
Ireland Heating & Air Conditioning has been providing a full array of HVAC services since 1978. As a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, we have met stringent manufacturer standards on knowledge and technology of HVAC repair and installation and exceeding expectations on customer service. We have worked hard to achieve our reputation as one of the area’s top HVAC companies. Call us for all of your heating and cooling needs. We look forward to hearing from you.
Call to Schedule an Appointment Today – 24/7 Emergency Service!