Fall is almost here, and the Lake Forest winters are definitely a season to prepare for. Don’t wait until the first frost to get your home heating system tune-up. Schedule heater maintenance early, and make sure that you and your family are good to go once the temps start to plummet.
Ten Benefits Of Annual Heater Maintenance
Northern Illinois winters can be brutal, but a well-maintained furnace can hold its own with whatever winter has in store. Here are ten reasons why annual heater maintenance is one of the best investments you can make in your Lake Forest home.
- Reduces repair bills. Part of annual heater maintenance is a thorough heater inspection. Your technician will check for potential problems, and if any exist, they can be resolved before they become major.
- Helps furnace to operate at peak efficiency. A clean heater is an efficient heater. Efficient heaters keep utility bills manageable.
- Regulates airflow. Your technician will check your furnace for any restricted or limited airflow. Restricted airflow can stress out your furnace and shorten its lifespan.
- Ensures safe operation. Furnaces burn fuel, and the process of combustion must be precise in order to maintain efficient operation and keep gas and carbon monoxide from leaking into your home.
- Maintains the manufacturer’s warranty. A furnace that’s under warranty must receive annual furnace tuneups to maintain that warranty. If you skip a tuneup, it could void your warranty.
- Gives you peace of mind. Even a few hours without heat on Chicago’s North Shore can be brutal. Annual furnace tuneups can save you and your family from having to wait in a cold house for a repair person to show up on a busy night. Resolving potential problems during a tuneup is not only more convenient, it’s also cheaper than emergency heating repair.
- Extends furnace lifespan. Heating systems that receive annual maintenance last longer than poorly maintained furnaces.
- Greater indoor comfort. Annual furnace maintenance helps your heating system to operate optimally. A furnace that’s operating optimally will keep you and your family more comfortable than one that’s not.
- Cleaner indoor air. A heating system that’s working properly will generate less indoor air pollution than a furnace that’s poorly maintained.
- Prevents premature furnace replacement. Because well-maintained furnaces live longer than poorly maintained furnaces, annual furnace maintenance can save you from having to replace your furnace sooner than expected.
To learn more about heating services in Lake Forest, Highland Park and the surrounding areas, visit Ireland Heating & Air Conditioning or call 847.388-0108.