Allergy season is starting, and pretty soon it will be in full swing. If you suffer from allergies, it is important to take steps right now to protect yourself from the sniffling and sneezing that often accompanies this time of year. Fortunately, there are some easy techniques you can use to reduce the impact of this year’s allergens.
Five Proven Ways to Beat Allergy Season
1. Install an Indoor Air Quality System – There are multiple ways that you can improve the air quality of your home or business, including installing an air purifier, humidifier, ventilator and an air cleaner. Each of these components can improve your comfort and help minimize the accumulation of allergens.
2. Leave Your Shoes Outside – Approximately 50 million Americans suffer from seasonal allergies, but you can reduce your suffering by leaving your allergen covered shoes outside.
3. Change the AC Filters Regularly – Help your air conditioner filter pathogens out of your HVAC system by making sure to change the filters on a regular basis and perhaps more frequently during allergy season. It is imperative for people with allergies to also have their ducts cleaned as part of their regular HVAC maintenance.
4. Stay Indoors During the Afternoon – Pollen is typically at its highest point during the afternoon, so it is best to plan your errands and workout routine accordingly. Whenever possible, take care of things outside during the morning or evening to minimize your pollen exposure.
5. Shower After Being Outside – Most people shower in the morning before they head to work or outside to tackle some chores, but you should strongly consider adopting the opposite approach during allergy season. This will enable you to wash the pollen and other allergens out of your hair and off of your skin so that they do not accumulate in your home. It is also best to put your clothing in a hamper with a lid after you have been outside.
Reduce Allergens with Professional Assistance
A professional HVAC maintenance company can offer allergy relief in a number of ways with a variety of indoor air quality components that work in conjunction with your air conditioning system. To learn more about Ireland Heating and Cooling Company’s indoor air quality solutions, call us today at (847) 388-0108.